Tuesday, December 26, 2006

When will it End?

The torrential rain started since around 1 a.m. this morning. The more it rains, forseeably, the worse the floods would get in southern Malaysia and Indonesia especially. When will it end?

Indonesia may not experience much of the haze that we had to tolerate months back. However, they are suffering from the effects of illegal logging with the devastating floods now. 90 dead and 300,000 homeless. Is there a fair measure of which is worse when all of us share the same earth?

Here I am comfortably seated in front of my laptop typing out this reflection and whining about having to return back to work tomorrow. There are homeless refugees out there cold, tired and hungry for their next meal of rice (when my family feasted on turkey with sushi last night!). I should wallow in self-pity no more.

We do not know what to expect ahead. The future holds a bleak picture for many of us living on earth. So where have you placed your faith and what's your hope?

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13. Do you know who is Love and what is Love? Love is God and in Him is love found. It is a mind-boggling truth, I know. I have searched for love in many places myself these years. It is only in God alone where I find love and know how to love again.

So, does love encompass two person coming together madly adoring each other with PDA (public demonstrations of affections)? We are created superior beings with rational minds (hopefully!). Why should there be mad adoration with PDA if love is between the two individuals themselves? Are they loving each other or loving the attention they are receiving from others more?

To my ex-boys and girls reading this particular post: Each of you have a pair of wings and you will soar high. Loving the opposite sex is part and parcel of growing up. Remember, love is never selfish - you consider the other person's interest above your own needs. I am learning together with you in this area myself!

My focus was on the rain and the flood. How on earth I digressed to talk about love (again!), I don't know.

If you think that Genting Highlands is the only place that is fogged, you are wrong! Here's a picture taken from my kitchen window still.




No comments: