Friday, June 16, 2006

About Flu, Cancer and the Gift of Life

The Contagious Flu Virus
My welcome gift from New Boss (a.k.a. NB) is the flu virus. This is my second bout of this crippling illness within this month. I am a sick pig!

Cancer
Witty's mum is diagnose with terminal liver cancer (stage 2). Praise the Lord that Liew 妈妈 knows the Lord as her savior. Witty's dad is still not a believer.

Why must it always be during a crisis happening to the people around me that I would turn back to the Lord?

浩恩 arrived Jun-11, 2006
We celebrate life in various ways. Life in its midst of trials like suffering of cancer and life in its happiest like the birth of a new one. ah Pheng and ah Dor's second little one, 浩恩, arrived last Sunday.

Just finished watching 小孩不笨2 VCD. Cousin cried, Aunt cried and I remembered them commenting how Prof. K sobbed when they last watched the movie on the big screen. Here's a worthy quote I want to remember,

"垃圾,放在对的地方就是能源。能源,放在错的地方就是垃圾。"

So what if I am heading to Ulu-Ulu primary school with the worst of the worst. It is who I am as a teacher and how I view my children that makes the difference. Oh! I need to wear the right spectacles before I enter school next week...

No comments: